Monday, March 15, 2010

In honor of one of my favorite holidays

A blog post filled with (mostly) green.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="377" caption="Gathered Scarf, in bloom"]Gathered Scarf, in bloom[/caption]

I completed my Gathered Scarf.  It is VERY green and also VERY long.  I stopped knitting before I got to 80", but the thing ended up blocking out to 92".  It's great though and I love it.  So does Lambie:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="332" caption="Lambie stylin' in the Gathered Scarf"]Lambie stylin' in the Gathered Scarf[/caption]

Pattern: Gathered Scarf by Maryse Roudier

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy, Happy Forest

Needles: US 6 and US 9

More details… here (ravelry link)

I've also been working on a couple of different tops.  One is moving along really quickly.  I had hoped to finish it by St. Patrick's Day, but I sort of stalled out when I got to armhole shaping.  I may get back on it today.  For now, my last progress shot will have to hold everyone over until I get the thing done.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="369" caption="Bad lighting + one handed shooting = bad photo"]Bad lighting + one handed shooting = bad photo[/caption]

I'm also working on a sweater that is not green, but I thought you might want to see the small amount I have done.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="332" caption="The very purple and tweedy Pickadilly"]The very purple and tweedy Pickadilly[/caption]

That's about it for now.  I will aim for more words in my next post.  Now I will leave you with this:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Kitties behaving badly"]Kitties behaving badly[/caption]

This could actually be a regular blog feature.  Dottie and Bob are always getting into things and places they shouldn't.  Luna and Moxie are usually good or at least more sneaky about their bad behavior.

2 comments:

Loops said...

The scarf is so cool and pretty (As are the other things) ;-)

Bob and Dottie are bad cats!!! :|

Mom said...

Glad to see Lambie is as handsome as ever! The cats aren't bad, they are characters with personality! You amaze me with your knitting prowess, you are bold and brave and daring. Most people would knit for years before attempting the things you do. I can't wait for the Positively Purple sweater. Bravo !!!!