Friday, August 22, 2008

The Everyman

That time of year has come again where every amateur photographer around gets to enter, in my opinion, the best photo contest around, The Everyman Photo Contest.  I've been entering since either 2004 or 2005.  I can't remember exactly.  I'm happy to say that a photo or two has been noticed by some of the judges, although I've never come close to winning.  It's cool though.  There are so many great amatuer photographers out there, it's just an honor to get recognized at all.

For this year's Everyman, I have submitted two photos.  The first:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="332" caption="Follow the Leader"]Follow the Leader[/caption]

This photo was taken on Tybee Island, GA on my honeymoon roadtrip.  It's actually my favorite from the whole trip.  I battled gusting winds and freezing cold (OK, not technically, but it was cold!) to get this picture.

The second picture is actually from 2006 when I was visiting Wales and went to the National Botanic Gardens.  Oddly, it was extremely cold then too.  I've always loved this photo even though no one else has been that crazy about it.  I love the abstractness of it.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Under Attack"]Under Attack[/caption]

We'll have to wait to see if any of the judges like the photos.  I believe the results won't be out until December.

1 comment:

lpsimper said...

Good luck hunny, I hope you kick butt!!! :D