Monday, April 4, 2011

A good Birthday extravaganza

Loops and I have very close birthdays.  His is March 27th, mine the 30th.  Most logical people would combine the celebration, but I am selfish and don't like to share so we end up with a pretty long week of celebrating.  Even though his birthday is first, I was the first to start the party.

On the 25th I spent the evening at a Don Williams concert.  He is a country singing god.  Even though he's now in his seventies, he sounds EXACTLY like he did on his albums from the 70's and 80's.  I would like to thank Granny and Grandaddy for liking him so I could be introduced to his music at a young age.  After Loops picked me up from the concert, we had to hit Applebee's for some yummy Maple Butter Blondie.

The next day we started Loopies' party with lunch at California Dreaming.  It was a nice place.  It looks a bit like a castle and it sits on the water.  I believe Loops enjoyed it.  I think there might have been some shopping that day too, but, as we will discuss later, there was a lot of shopping the past two weeks so it's hard to remember it all.

Sunday (LP's birthday), it was hockey day.  We went to watch the Stingrays play.  Everyone knows I am no fan of the game, but it was what Loopies wanted to do so I went along.  Loops also experienced his first funnel cake at the game.  Afterwards, we headed to Park Pizza for supper.

Monday and Tuesday are a bit of a blur.  I'm sure there was much shopping and eating out though.  Wednesday was my birthday and actually a day of rest.  I slept in (which is normal, actually) and received birthday calls from my family.  I had Loops go pick up supper from Pizza Hut.  We had boneless wings and cheesy breadsticks.  Yum!

We ended our week long extravaganza by heading up to Columbia early Saturday morning to check out the Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens.  It was really nice.  The weather cooperated and the place wasn't too crowded.  For lunch we went to Red Robin.  I think it's Loopas favorite place to eat ever.  They do make a good burger.

While all this stuff was happening, I was working hard to spend all my birthday money.  I would like to thank everyone for the gift of cash.  In the end, I guess I had about $700 to spend.  Here's a quick rundown on how my money was spent.

  • Don Williams ticket

  • 6 Tops

  • 2 Vests

  • 1 Dress

  • 1 Pair of Pants

  • 5 Pairs of Shoes

  • 6 Books

  • 3 Leather Cuff Bracelets

  • Ring Flash Adapter

  • UV Filter

  • Mini Spin Dryer link


I actually bought a few other things I think.  It's just hard to remember everything.  I tried to make the money go as far as possible.  Loops, on the other hand, bought only 2 or 3 things.

Sadly, we forgot Bob's birthday (28th) with all of our self-involved celebrations.  Sorry Bob.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="348" caption="Happy Birthday, Bob!"]Happy Birthday, Bob![/caption]

4 comments:

Loops said...

Wow we did and spent a lot!

I know I spent my $500 on collectible statues (Three of them) and Hockey tickets (I think)...

Mom said...

Sounds more like Christmas to me! Why the heck do you need a tiny dryer?
Thumbs up for Don !!!!!

Jamie said...

@Mom, It's to spin wet stuff out, like the washer's spin cycle, but better. I have a lot of "lay flat to dry" stuff like hand knits and other regular clothes. Also if I ever start dying yarn, I can use it for "drying" those after rinsing.

Stacy said...

Before long, you and LP will be eating out as much as Dan and I!!!! Bob is a very photogenic cat. He's pretty.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your B-days.

Since I'll be 36 this year, I need to start planning my extravaganza now! I doubt I'll buy anything though. Not every momentous occasion needs to be commemorated with the spending of money.