Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New project

First off, I haven't finished my Chevron Scarf yet, but it's gotta be over 50" by now.  I haven't measured it in a while though so I'm not sure.  It will be finished before V-Day though.  I promise.

I couldn't wait to start my first sweater (technically, it's a tank) once I procured the yarn I decided to use.  I found someone selling enough Estelle Young Touch Cotton DK to do the Drop-Stitch Lace Tank from Fitted Knits.  I'm not using the recommended yarn, but after hearing stories about it being fuzzy and loosing it's shape during wear, I wasn't looking forward to using it.  The yarn I chose to use has very little give, but I'm hoping the pattern will be stretchy enough on its own seeing as the whole thing is done in a lace pattern that is ribbed and the rest is done in 2x2 ribbing.  We'll just have to wait and see.  The top is done in two pieces, front and back.  I've only done about 5.5 to 6 inches of the front so far.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="370" caption="Drop Stitch Lace Tank, the Beginning"]Drop Stitch Lace Tank, the Beginning[/caption]

Hopefully, it will knit up fairly quickly (and fit).  I'm sure nice weather isn't too far away here in Charleston.

1 comment:

Loops said...

I really like that color :)

Yep it won't be long before we'll be having 90F+ weather...