Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lunch, Mail, and (slow) Progress

Have you ever made yourself a lunch so yummy you felt the need to photograph it?  Probably not, but  today my lunch looked so yummy I had to snap a picture before digging in.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Mmmm.... Lunch! :P"]Mmmm.... Lunch! :P[/caption]

It sure was tasty. :P  The recipe can be found here.  I don't change much from the recipe.  I think I use more onions and use dried dill instead of fresh.  Oh, and I use cheddar cheese.  Of course, if you have more than 3 people to feed, you might need to double the recipe.  It says it serves six, but never has come close to that when I cook it.  Probably because we all eat way more than we should. ;)

I've had some cool stuff arrive in the mail lately.   I ordered my interchangeable circular needles and they arrived the other day.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Denise Interchangeable Needles"]Denise Interchangeable Needles[/caption]

They are nice.  I haven't knit with them much yet, but it'll be nice to always have the size I need, when I need it.

I've also just received some gauge rulers I ordered.  They are handmade out of bamboo.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Too Cute Gauge Rulers!"]Too Cute Gauge Rulers![/caption]

I found them on Etsy after seeing some that another knitter had.  She doesn't have many in stock right now, but her shop is karatstix.etsy.com.

As for knitting progress, I'm not really putting a dent in any of my current WIP (works in progress).  I'm getting the most progress done on a U-Neck Tunic.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="356" caption="U-Neck Tunic, cast on"]U-Neck Tunic, cast on[/caption]

I'm excited about it and so far it's knitting up really easily.  Hopefully it will turn out well.  I'll be totally dejected if it doesn't fit.  I already had to start over because it was way to big the first time.  Here is how far I've gotten so far:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="U-Neck Tunic, progress"]U-Neck Tunic, progress[/caption]

7 comments:

Loops said...

I am so looking forward to me tasty leftovers tomorrow :P

I'm also looking forward to seeing you in that U-Neck Tunic, I'm sure you'll look very beautiful :)

Jamie said...

Weirdo.

Loops said...

That's me :D

Jamie said...

@Loops, Thanks for the heads up on the email thing. Hopefully, I've fixed it.

Loops said...

@Jamie, yep all fixed :)

Sarah said...

That U-Neck Tunic is going to be beautiful. Grey is THE color right now- well, for me at least. Everything is beautiful as long as it's in grey. xD

Thanks for the link for the gauge rulers. They are super cool!

Have a good one!
*waves*

Jamie said...

I am kind of obsessed with grey. If I'm not careful I'd wear it every day. My husband's always teasing me about it in fact. I've had to force myself to buy colorful yarns to keep from making everything I knit grey too, but I had to make an exception for this U-Neck Tunic.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my blog. I don't get much traffic so it's greatly appreciated.