Friday, April 17, 2009

Nothing's Getting Completed

Well, I'm knitting every single day, but I'm sort of in the middle of everything so I don't have much to update about.  I'll be traveling back to Alabama on Sunday and staying for the week.  Hopefully I'll get lots of knitting done then because I know my parents will leave me everyday to go fishing if the weather's nice.

It's really not fair to say nothing's been completed though.  The cats would totally disagree.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Moxie and the Snake"]Moxie and the Snake[/caption]

I knit two new toy snakes.  I knit this pattern once early on in my knitting life (last year), and it's looking pretty raggedy so I thought it'd be nice to knit some new ones for the kitties and to convert the pattern to the round and practice my magic loop while I was at it.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Luna and the Snake"]Luna and the Snake[/caption]

Pattern: Henry's Toy Snake by Monnibo Designs
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
Needles: US 4

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Red and White Snake"]Red and White Snake[/caption]

The one thing I'd suggest when making this pattern is to not skimp on the catnip when stuffing the snake.  The yellow and green snake has catnip and the pristine looking red and white one above does not.  They are just not very interested in a snake with no catnip, it seems.

If you're wondering why I don't have any action shots of Dottie playing with the snake, it's because she just wanted to sit up at the window and look down her nose at the other girls having fun.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Dottie and her ever so cute black nose!"]Dottie and her ever so cute black nose![/caption]

1 comment:

Loops said...

Yep our cats love them some catnip ;) Maybe you could open up the red and white snake and put some in? :D