Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scarves and a very important tutorial

Basically, I started knitting because I discovered a love for scarves.  I had never had one until my MIL gave me one she had made for me.  It's gray and simple and long and I LOVE it.  I suppose I've never had  much need for scarves because I've lived in places that never get cold for very long.  It never occured to me how great scarves could be.  Once it gets warmer and the AC is running constantly I'll probably be wearing a scarf around the house.  I get too cold with the AC on, but it's too hot without it.  The scarf around my neck keeps me just warm enough. :D

I have two scarves going right now.  There is a Lace Ribbon Scarf (the pattern is free from Knitty) and one from Issue 13 of Yarn Forward magazine, Marylin.

The Lace Ribbon Scarf is maybe 15% complete.  I'm using a sock yarn from Pagewood Farms that is a lovely mix of reds and pinks.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="332" caption="Lace Ribbon Scarf: The Beginning"]Lace Ribbon Scarf: The Beginning[/caption]

The other, Marylin, is being made out of Malabrigo Worsted in a lovely shade of green.  I've barely started it and haven't taken any pictures of the two inches I've done.  I did take a picture of the lovely yarn after spending the evening winding it.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Malabrigo for Marylin"]Malabrigo for Marylin[/caption]

Now on to the tutorial section of this blog.  Sorry, I don't feel I know enough about knitting to tutor anyone, but there is one thing I know about that I feel I need to share with the world.  It's come to my attention that a large majority of people do not know the way to properly assemble a peanut butter and banana sandwich.   It seems that many people just spread some peanut butter on the bread and slice some banana on top of it and call it a sandwich.  If you are one of those people, you are truley missing out on how good a simple pb&b can be.

Here's what you'll need for one sandwich:

1/2 a ripe banana

1 tablespoon of peanut butter

2 pieces of bread

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="435" caption="Nice and simple ingredients"]Nice and simple ingredients[/caption]

You will need a fork for the next and most important step.  You need to mash the banana and peanut butter all together until it resembles something you might not want to eat.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="435" caption="I know. It looks gross."]I know.  It looks gross.[/caption]

It may not look yummy, but you'll have to trust me.  Just scoop up your mashed pb&b and spread it onto the bread.  Once you've got it all on there, place the other piece of bread on top and enjoy. :P

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="435" caption="YUMMY!"]YUMMY![/caption]

4 comments:

Loops said...

That PB&B looks so gooooooooooooooooood! :P

Stacy said...

Yuck!!!

Dan said...

I will have to agree with Stacy on this one. I love peanut butter and I love bananas, but when you put them both together something goes horrible awry.

gry planszowe sklep said...

I searched many blogs and here i found what i was looking for, thanks for valuable post