Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Squirrels Gone Wild!

That's what my t-shirt says right now and that's what my house will be like if I have my way and knit up about 10 million of these squirrel cushions.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Cuddle Squirrel with little Lambie"]Cuddle Squirrel with little Lambie[/caption]

Pattern:  Nathaniel by Ysolda

Yarn: Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends

Needles:  US 9

More details… here (ravelry link)

My love for this squirrel cannot be measured.  I think it may be extra special to me because it reminds me of a quilt my grandma made that had applique squirrel silhouettes all over it.  I seriously will be making more of them, just not out of the yarn I used.  That Bernat Alpaca is just a bit too hairy for my tastes.

I know this will be hard to believe, but the squirrel isn't the only thing I've completed.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Christmas Korknisse Set"]Christmas Korknisse Set[/caption]

Pattern:  Korknisse by Manne (English translation)

Yarn: Knit Picks Shamrock

Needles:  US 4

More details… here (ravelry link)

I made these ornaments for my knitting group and had a few left over for myself.  They are super cute and were fun and easy to make.  For anyone who hasn't already seen the special one I made for Loops:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="355" caption="Arrrgghh!"]Arrrgghh![/caption]

Loops, of course, loves him and refuses to have him as an ornament because he wants to look at him year round.  He sort of reminds me of Bob.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="329" caption="Crazy-eyed Bob"]Crazy-eyed Bob[/caption]

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay! Love the ornaments!

Loops said...

Yay for all things knitted!!! :)

YARRRRRR!!!!!!!

Mom said...

The squirrel needs more definition between body and tail. Could you take some of the same yarn and stitch down his back to give some separation? Your ornaments are adorable ! Bob is beautiful, even if he is a guy. Can't wait to meet him!

Stacy said...

That's exactly what I said Mom! I told her that there needed to be a deeper crevice between head and tail! Better watch out! Bob will jump on you.