Friday, November 5, 2010

Lickety split

That's a funny saying, isn't it?  Lickety split.  It makes me laugh though and it describes how the knitting of my latest sweater went along.  In just over a week I knit the whole sweater.  Add in a few days for blocking and by today the sweater was ready to wear (and photograph, of course).

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Thanks goes to Loops for the photo taking."]Thanks goes to Loops for the photo taking.[/caption]

Pattern: Cadence by Jordana Paige

Yarn: Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool Worsted

Needles: US 10

More details… here (ravelry link)

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="391" caption="A closer look at the yoke detail"]A closer look at the yoke detail[/caption]

This is a very nice, easy to follow pattern.  To top off the greatness... it's FREE on Knitty.com.  I feel like it came out really well.  I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole sizing thing finally.  I believe this was my best job with getting the thing knit to my size.  I had to adjust the length when knitting because I knew this thing would grow when I washed it.  In the end, I believe the sweater grew over 3 inches in length so I'm glad I knit it shorter than I wanted it.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="331" caption="Yay for skirts with pockets!"]Yay for skirts with pockets![/caption]

What's on the needles now?  A vest.  It shouldn't take long to do so maybe there will be a new blog post before Turkey Day.

5 comments:

Loops said...

You look so cute in this. The sweater looks wonderful :) You did a great job with the sizing!

*cough* as you visit my blog, is my blog worthy to be added to your "Blogs I visit" section? *cough* ;-)

Jamie said...

@Loops, I commented on your blog. You should be happy with what you get. :|

Loops said...

@Jamie, I am, just thought I was special that's all :(

Mom said...

You have gotten speedy, it looks great. I love the diamonds around the neck. I know lickety split means fast, but that's not what it sounds like it means. Wonder where it came from?

Jamie said...

@Mom, I don't really know where it came from. At some point someone started using it for perverted means though so maybe I shouldn't have titled my post that. I don't want the wrong element visiting.