Monday, October 13, 2008

Spiffying up

Just wanted to do a quick post before the Giants game starts.  Earlier today I reupholstered a stool my father made way back in the day.  I believe he made it while in high school shop class.  He can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Before"]Before[/caption]

I believe he had his car upholstered in the same material.  Ah, the 60's. :D  I wanted to keep this in my kitchen to reach high shelves, but the animal print just wasn't doing it for me so I decided to find something a bit more subtle.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="After"]After[/caption]

I picked up the fabric in a bin at Wal-Mart.  I think it was $1.50 and I only used half.  I'm not in love with it, but it's ok.  Don't worry, Dad, the other is still under there.  I wouldn't dare get rid of the original.  I just tidied it up and stapled this material on top of it.

One more thing that really amused me when I found it... the groovy cushion under the leopard print.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Where on earth did this come from, Dad?"]Where on earth did this come from, Dad?[/caption]

Gotta go! Gametime!!!!

1 comment:

Loops said...

The stool looks very cool :)

Although I think the cats will use it more than you ;)