Monday, June 29, 2009

Fresh Kicks (as the kids would say) and new shawls

It's a sad fact, at least for Loops, but when we go shoe shopping for him, I am the one who ends up with new shoes.  I got two pairs this time while he didn't get a single pair.  Mine are great, especially my sneakers.  Here's the view I've been staring at all day.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="385" caption="My colorful new shoes!"]My colorful new shoes![/caption]

I can't stop looking down at them.  They're so fun.

I also started my Ishbel shawl that I wrote about in the previous journal.  It is FLYING off the needles.  Just this weekend I've done almost all of the first section, which is all stockinette stitch.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Ishbel Started"]Ishbel Started[/caption]

Once I do the last few rows of this section, I will start the lace charts.  It will probably slow me down a bit, but I still feel like I'll be finishing this project in record time.

6 comments:

Loops said...

Look at those sexy white legs! :P GLEAMING! :D

You have very cool shoes, I'm so jealous that you can find shoes and I never can. Still I did get Spawn Origins: Volume 1 from Barnes & Noble, so I'm happy ;-)

Sterl said...

Nice kicks!

Mom said...

Very BRIGHT, are they house shoes or do you actually wear them out in public?
Just kidding, they are soooo you.
Are you getting way faster or is the shawl that easy to knit? Looks good, can't wait for the lacy part. What about the pink thing?

Stacy said...

Very wild shoes! You know me...I could never wear such eccentric shoes.

Jamie said...

@Mom, I am just as slow. It just knits up very fast. I'm using big needles so that helps. I guess it'd be sort of like you using an F hook on crochet thread. It makes a really loose fabric. As for the "pink thing", it's coming along. I'm working on the back. Once I have a bit more done, I'll take a picture.

Jamie said...

@Stacy, well, you know my style has never been understated. I must have alright taste in shoes though. It seems almost every time I go somewhere, someone's telling me I have cute shoes.