Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Simper's Wild Kingdom

This was going to be a post about how glad I was that we moved from our townhouse in a tidy subdivision to an older neighborhood.  That was before I found out earlier that the owner of the new house we just moved into has decided to sell it, just like the owner of the townhouse decided to do.  It really makes a person never want to rent again.  I guess it's just something we have to accept. :(

Onto the post's original content though.  I love having a yard.  Not just a yard, but a yard that has actual trees.  We have birds and squirells everywhere.  It makes me so happy to look out the window and see critters.  The cats love it too.

Now onto the pictures.  These are basically snapshots, nothing fancy, but I wanted to share the cuteness.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="On the Fence"]On the Fence[/caption]

The squirells are loving all the mushrooms that have been popping up all over the yard.   The other day they were everywhere, chowing down.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Tasty treat time!"]Tasty treat time![/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Nom, nom!"]Nom, nom![/caption]

If the squirrels weren't cute enough, today I looked out the back window and saw a little lizard on the deck.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="393" caption="Lizard time!"]Lizard time![/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="393" caption="Hanging out!"]Hanging out![/caption]

I shot the lizard shots through the back window because I didn't want to scare him off.  He was hanging out on our deck box which is still empty since we can't find any cushions we like for our deck benches.

That's really all I have to blog about now.  The next post should include another finished knitted object so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mom said...

The squirrels are cute but that lizard is adorable. That is high praise from me, considering that I DO NOT like reptiles at all!

Stacy said...

I love squirrels! That's a neat lizard. Oh, and again..... NOOOOOOOOO! Life is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the irony!

Loops said...

Yep sucks to be us :(

At least we have a busy backyard. I guess this is what I miss while working all day :|