Thursday, June 25, 2009

Winding and winding and winding and...

I guess you get the point.  Since Loops is working late again (I swear he only does it for the free supper!), I thought I'd get out the Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine that I purchased a while back and wind it up.  That's 433 yards of fingering weight yarn.  We won't even get into the tangled mess the hank was in.  I think I've untangled it all though and it should be smooth winding from now on.  It will still take forever to do by hand though.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="357" caption="Getting ready to knit Ishbel"]Getting ready to knit Ishbel[/caption]

It was purchased to make the lovely and super popular Ishbel Shawl from Ysolda Teague.  The pattern can be purchased from her website as either the single pattern or it can be found within her new book, Whimsical Little Knits, if you're interested.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="357" caption="Whimsical Little Knits by Ysolda Teague"]Whimsical Little Knits by Ysolda Teague[/caption]

It's a great little book.  I really like all the patterns and will get around to knitting a lot of them in the future.

I'm still knitting steadily on my other project, Uhura.  There's not enough done to show any real progress yet, but hopefully I'll be able to show you more soon.

3 comments:

Loops said...

I don't work late for the free supper (Honest!). I do have actually have work to do. The free supper is just a bonus ;-)

The winding thingies you have look cool btw :)

Mom said...

Hey, when did you get the cool winding thingy? Is it the one with the instruction video? Happy winding.

Jamie said...

@Mom, yep. The guy made one out of birdseye maple so you know I couldn't resist.