Monday, September 12, 2011

A Difference of Opinion

That's what Loops and I have right now.  A difference of opinion about what is considered to be too many shoes.  I told him I would create a post to document how many shoes I actually have.  He thinks it will make me realize how I have tons of shoes.  I think it will cause people to come to my defense and point out that my shoe collection is in no way out of control.  We'll see.

First off, my "dress" shoes.  I didn't take any time to photograph these in detail.  I would've had to dust them since they get worn only rarely.  All are very inexpensive.  I'd say under $30.

The not-so-fancy fancy shoes.
The not-so-fancy fancy shoes.

Next, we have sneakers.  I went through a phase of buying these so I have a nice little collection.  Out of the 10.5 pictured (the .5 are my actual exercise shoes so we can ignore them), my favorites are the bottom left.  They are Rocket Dogs and, with the black, blue, purple, and pink action, they go with about 75% of my wardrobe.

It's like a rainbow up in my closet!
It's like a rainbow up in my closet!

Next up are the shoes worn more than any others, the house shoes.  Most people think it's odd, but I wear shoes almost all the time.  I don't sleep or shower in them, but any other time there will be shoes on my feet.  Right now I alternate between a lovely pair of Born Mary Janes (I <3 Born!) and my very cute Minnetonka Moccasins.

House shoes in the house!
House shoes in the house!

Now we get on to the serious stuff.  I'm not going to lie about it.  I love me some boots.  I've divided them into categories.

First, we have the cheap boots, which I consider anything under $50.  I'd say most of these were between $25 and $40.

The Brown Collection.  It's small and I'd say these are my least worn.

Look at that poly-fur!
Look at that poly-fur!

The Black Collection.  I really like all these.  Both Rocket Dogs (the two pair in back) are made of some weird material that is much nicer to wear than fake leather.

They may be cheap, but I love them.
They may be cheap, but I love them."

The Gray Collection.  I wear the Sketchers all the time.  Gray is my favorite color so I always reach for these since I don't have an expensive gray pair.  The other pair is Not Rated Official.  I picked these up for less than $30 at the end of March which means end of boot season here in Charleston so I have yet to wear these.  Hopefully it will cool off soon so I can try them out.

Gray is Awesome.
Gray is Awesome.
This post is getting long, isn't it? ;)

Next up are the expensive boots.  Anything over $100 is expensive to me.

First we have the boots that started my love for boots.  The Frye boots (on the left) are possibly my favorite boots, look-wise.  I recently had to have the heels adjusted though because I couldn't wear them for very long without some serious foot pain.  Hopefully, I can wear them more now.  The boots on the right are my newest acquisition.  They are Dr. Martens.  I actually have worn these.  I ignored the temps and wore them a couple of weeks ago.  They are pretty comfy.

Can anyone tell I favor lace-up boots?
Can anyone tell I favor lace-up boots?

Last, my pride and joy.  My Born boots.  Did I mention I <3 Born?!?  I love both pairs.  I would like 10 more pairs, but I guess that's not happening.  While the ones on the left are the lookers, the others are my favorite boots to wear.  In fact, these boots tromped all over Paris and Belgium last year.  Although, I did hurt my foot on a cobble in Brugge, I do not hold it against the boots.  It could have happened in any shoe.

Born sure knows how to make a nice boot.
Born sure knows how to make a nice boot.

So, there we go.  My whole collection.  Ok.  There is one more pair.  I forgot about my Sperry rain shoes that are under Loops Chest of Drawers.  See, I'm all about the honesty here.  I'm not taking a picture of them though.  Let's not forget that I'm lazy.

If you're tired of looking at shoes, this last picture is for you.

Dottie <3 Loops, who took this picture.
Dottie <3 Loops, who took this picture.

4 comments:

Loops said...

I still think you have too many shoes ;-)

Loops <3 Dottie!

Loops said...

As an FYI, I count 32 pairs of shoes...

Dan said...

I count 35 pairs of shoes. In my opinion, that is a lot of shoes, but not obsessive by any means. If you like the shoes and use them and have the room for them, I see no problem with your collection.

Stacy said...

Waaaaay to many shoes!!!!! You know you don't wear all of these. You have inherited this fetish from Granny.

It could be I'm just jealous because I could never find so many shoes that fit my weird feet.