Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A scarf, the beach, and 200+ books

What do these things have in common?  Nothing other than me and what I was up to yesterday.  I started off my day by driving out to Folly Beach.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Folly Beach "]Folly Beach[/caption]

Unlike a lot of people, I wouldn't step foot in the water and sitting in the sand holds no appeal for me.  I mostly go for the solitude and to commune with nature, if you will.  Luckily, there weren't many people there yesterday.  I managed to get a good walk, take a few pictures, and collect a few shells.  It was nice.  Unfortunately, I couldn't stay very long because it was HOT.  With the sun shining, it didn't take long for me to feel like I was cooking so I headed home after an hour.

After I got home, I decided to tackle a problem on the third floor, which is my room, by the way.  It is home for all my craft stuff, my music, and books.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Book Addict"]Book Addict[/caption]

Did I mention it was a huge problem?  I have piles of books all over the floor.  I'm not sure how many there are, but I'm trying to organize them and figure it out.  Sadly, I don't have bookshelves for them yet.  I need to get some soon.  As for the organizing, I'm just trying to sort them and catalog what I have.  I've decided to use weRead to catalog everything.  I'm not sure how much I like it, but it's online so I'll always have access and there may be improvements made to the site in the future.  Right now I'm up to 225 books.  I'm not finished taking inventory though.  The sad thing is that I've only been collecting books for a few years.  I used to hate to read, but at about the age of 25, I started up.  By the time I'm old, no telling how many books I'll own!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Diagonal Stripe Scarf"]Diagonal Striped Scarf[/caption]

Lastly, I started a scarf.  It's the Diagonal Striped Scarf.  It's a nice pattern, but I wasn't thinking about what I was doing when I started it.  With all the stockinette stitch action, I really should've used something natural that would block, but I had some cheap acrylic and thought I'd use it.  The colors are pretty though and were selected with my sister in mind.  Hi Stacy! ;)  I ended up binding off not long after the picture above was taken and I will test it to see if I can get the thing to lay flat.  If so, I will recast on and maybe make the bands of color thicker.  I haven't decided yet.

5 comments:

yoursister said...

The scarf rocks and it is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how your sister gets the "cheap acrylic". Not cool, but it is the thought that counts. ;P

Jamie said...

I was making it out of the acrylic so you wouldn't have to hand wash it. :D That, and I didn't have any cool yarn to make it with. :(

Loops said...

Sorry I missed this hunny, it must have got marked as read by accident :(

You do own a lot of books that's for sure ;) Perhaps we should get some bookshelves :P

*thinks* I need some stuff for my man room too...

Loops said...

Oh and perhaps we need to get some cool yarn ;)

Dan said...

The colors of that scarf are really quite eye catching.