Thursday, September 4, 2008

Magnolia Gardens

This past weekend Lewis and I visited Magnolia Plantation and Garden.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Magnolia Gardens Bridge"]Magnolia Gardens Bridge[/caption]

We went early, but it was still very humid.  It took about 30 minutes for our cameras to adjust to the environment.  We decided to just tour the grounds and leave off the house tour.  The gardens were very nice and I got lots of flower pictures.  I have yet to process them, but hopefully some will turn out nicely.  There were several cute wooden bridges on the property.  Unfortunately, the one above was the only one that photographed decently.  All the others were over water that was covered in a very unattractive green scum. :?

In other news from the weekend, I finally finished the Chinese Wave Dishcloth.  It turned out nicely.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="334" caption="Chinese Waves Dishcloth is finally finished!"]Chinese Waves Dishcloth is finally finished![/caption]

I love the different textures on the two sides! :D

2 comments:

Loops said...

The bridge looks great, I like the symmetry :) I'm looking forward to the flower pictures you have.

The dishcloth works great on dirty dishes :D

Eric said...

Looks nice, but did it have to be so humid? Ugh.

Oh, and nice dishcloth.