Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Furniture

Since moving here, I've been looking around for different types of furniture for my 3rd floor area, which, of course, is my personal room full of books, my stereo and everything crafty.  The only seating up there has been my old office chair which isn't really inviting for just hanging out and relaxing.  I've been tossing around different ideas of what I might like up there.  I've thought futon, daybed, pile of pillows, sleeper sofa, etc.  As you can probably see, most of those things provide an extra sleep surface, which is part of what I was wanting up there.  Not to mention, I prefer to lay down to read.  Sadly, most of those options were kind of expensive and I couldn't bring myself to fork over that much money.  In my search for things, I found this great site though: Home Decorator's Outlet.  It's from Home Depot's Home Decorator's site, but is the stuff drastically reduced in price because of low stock or newer styles or whatever. And as something that would probably amuse only me and Stacy, its warehouse seems to be run out of Mexico, MO. :D I ended up purchasing a chair and a chaise lounge, both at around 70% off.  And what do they look like?

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="560" caption="Bright Red Chair"]Bright Red Chair[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="560" caption="Matching Chaise Lounge"]Matching Chaise Lounge[/caption]

I know, VERY RED and a lot more modern than what is normally "me".  I thought they'd be fun and spice up the 3rd floor.  I'm not sure when I will receive them though.  Freight shipments always seem to take forever. :(

Obviously, they go against my plan to buy a "sleeping surface".  The main reason for this?  I realized the likelihood of more than one person or a couple visiting me at any time is slim to none so I really don't need extra beds.

Now that I've bought furniture for my room, Loops is getting ideas that his man room needs to be furnished. :D

3 comments:

Loops said...

These look very cool. I am of course jealous ;) I do NEED something for my man room, it's very bare :(

Mom said...

WHOA! That is very red and very modern! Hope you still like it once it arrives. Maybe it is more comfortable than it looks. You are my hero, you are so brave. Me, I'm just an old foggie stick in the mud. Loops has a man room?

Jamie said...

His man room is the computer room. It only has a table with his laptop and the filing cabinet. It's kind of boring. I told him he could do whatever he wanted in that room since I have the whole top floor to myself.